Meeting Dates 2017

All meetings to be held at Ley Hill Memorial Hall in the Rear Committee Room (unless specified otherwise)
Start time 7.15pm
Thu 12th January

Thu 2nd March

**DATE CHANGE**
Thur 27th April

Annual Parish Meeting, 19:30, Ley Hill Methodist Chapel

Tue 2nd May
Annual Council Meeting, 18:45

Wed 14th June
19.15 St George’s Church, Tylers Hill

Thu 27th July
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Tue 12th September
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Wed 25th October

Wed 29th November

Minutes – 13/06/13

LATIMER & LEY HILL PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting of Latimer & Ley Hill Parish Council held on Thursday 13th June 2013 at Latimer Parish Hall at 7.15pm

Present: K Platt (Chairman) (KP), J Phillips (Vice-Chairman) (JP), M Buckman (MB), R Sanders (RS), C Lee (CL), R Walter (Clerk)(RW).

 

1. Apologies for absence: B Perrott (Vice-Chairman) (BP), L Sunderland (LS), Cllr A Garth (AG). CCllr N Brown (NB)

2. Public Quarter Hour: Two members of the public, Ms L Golding and Mr S Privett, attended to brief Councillors on their forthcoming planning application CH/2013/0810/FA St George’s Hall, Jasons Hill. Later on Mr R Martin attended to brief Councillors on proposed tree felling at St Mary Magdalene Church, Latimer.

3. Any Change of Interests: None

4. Minutes of 15th April 2013 meeting: Minutes agreed and signed. Also minutes of Annual Parish Meeting on 22 April 2013 agreed and signed.

5. Matters Arising Ley Hill footpath – please notify KP if work is undertaken.

6. Finance:

6.1 Current/Deposit balances: Current £5171.05 (30 5 13); Deposit £7003.32 (11 3 13)

6.2 Payments/Receipts:

Payments:

DD Eon (April&May) 64.90+67.06

SO 11 Dec IT Services (April&May) 30.00 x 2

Clerk – postage 14.40

R Martin – internal audit fee 60.00

Latimer PCC churchyard maintenance 750.00

P Evans – fence at Tylers Hill 830.00 + VAT

D White – repair of tap at Tylers Hill 125.00

Came & Co insurance renewal 360.01

Receipts

Chiltern DC precept payment 5000.00

Mrs S Dominey headstone permit 70.00

6.3 Audit & Annual Return 12/13 Internal audit has been completed by R Martin. A copy of his letter of 6 6 13 was distributed. Clerk read out the Annual Governance Statements as listed on page 3 of Annual Return, which all Councillors agreed and noted. Proposed by KP, seconded by JP. Agreed and signed by Chairman and Clerk. Clerk to forward to Mazars LLP.

6.4 Insurance renewal Clerk briefed all on quotes received and communication with Chairman. Agreed to renew with Came & Co at cost of £360.01. Total cost reduced by agreeing to 3 year long term agreement. Proposed by KP, seconded by JP. Agreed by all.

7. Official Business:

7.1 New waste recycling service Bins have arrived in Latimer. All should be ready for 17 July.

7.2 Ley Hill & Botley LSG + leyhill.info JP briefed all on 24 May meeting. A new poster seeking an editor for website has been displayed on notice boards and in Botley Stores. Keen for N Lamond’s history research to be added to site. Next meeting is on 5 July at 5pm around Beacon. Rachel Sanderson of Chilterns Commons Project has been invited.

7.3 Parish online Trial expired

7.4 Lamp post no 16 Joiners Close Quote received by Clerk to remove, dispose, supply & install new column for £385.00 + VAT. Proposed by JP, seconded by RS. Agreed by all. Clerk to action.

7.5 Latimer noticeboard KP asked for 2 quotes – oak @ £909.44 and man made timber £902.44. Local residents prefer oak and agree to maintain this. Agreed KP can pursue this.

7.6 Pub Lunch Club Crown receptive to this. Clerk/JP/MB to follow up with landlord. Well Seasoned Group and Community Impact Bucks to be consulted.

8. Highways/Footpaths

8.1 Latimer Xroads/VAS sign Now with Janet Blake, Cabinet Member for Transportation, BCC.

8.2 LAT responsibilities Some rationalisation taken place. Jon D still LAT for our parish, but only up to Bois Mill, Chesham along Latimer Road.

8.3 Speeding issues JP reported on progress on wheelie bin stickers. Currently seeking quotes. Clerk chasing BALC. JP to contact C Gardner/N Brown re LAF funding.

9. Planning

9.1 Bovingdon Airfield JP wrote on behalf of L&LHPC. Going to public enquiry in Sep/Oct. (Update: application currently withdrawn)

9.2 CH/2013/0130/FA 223 Botley Road To appeal

9.3 CH/2013/0853/FA Land adj to The Old Rectory, Latimer Noted

9.4 CH/2013/0912/KA Gables End Cottage (tree felling) Noted

9.5 CH/2013/0355/FA 29-30 The Ridings Still pending

9.6 CH/2013/0810/FA St George’s Hall see item 2

10.Burial Ground

10.1 Gravediggers Hut Opening Sunday 7th July CL questioned wording on plaque but this had been approved by NL. Clerk to place on notice boards and request announcements made in churches and school. JP offered to purchase ribbon. All Councillors to make/provide cakes please.

11. Reports and correspondence

11.1 Police Rural Forum 4 June Arrested one man in connection with local burglaries. Local issues continue to be break ins and diesel theft. KP to distribute email address for PCSO Andy Piotrowski.

12. AOB

12.1 Dunton Brickworks Employees have been served notice

12.2 Kiln Lane electricity cable Meeting held between UK Power Networks & local residents on 8 June. Clerk to distribute brief notes. Relocating substation & burying overhead cable under road.

12.3 Fence in B H Lane Mentioned by RS, under review by D Stowe.

13. Date of next meeting: Thursday 18th July at 6.45pm at St George’s Hall. The meeting closed at 10.05pm.

 

 

Signed__________________________________Date__________________