Meeting Dates 2017

All meetings to be held at Ley Hill Memorial Hall in the Rear Committee Room (unless specified otherwise)
Start time 7.15pm
Thu 12th January

Thu 2nd March

**DATE CHANGE**
Thur 27th April

Annual Parish Meeting, 19:30, Ley Hill Methodist Chapel

Tue 2nd May
Annual Council Meeting, 18:45

Wed 14th June
19.15 St George’s Church, Tylers Hill

Thu 27th July
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Tue 12th September
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Wed 25th October

Wed 29th November

Minutes – 18/07/13

LATIMER & LEY HILL PARISH COUNCIL

 

Minutes of a meeting of Latimer & Ley Hill Parish Council held on Thursday 18th July 2013 at St George’s Church Hall, Tylers Hill at 7.15pm

 

Present:  K Platt (Chairman) (KP), B Perrott (Vice-Chairman) (BP), J Phillips (Vice-Chairman) (JP), R Sanders (RS), C Lee (CL), L Sunderland (LS), R Walter (Clerk)(RW). CCllr N Brown (NB) was present for the tour and Cllr A Garth (AG) arrived later.

 

The meeting was preceded by a tour of the Tylers Hill Burial Ground led by Mrs J Hill and Mr T Gillott.

 

1.  Apologies for absence: M Buckman (MB)

2.  Public Quarter Hour:  None

3.  Any Change of Interests: None

4.  Minutes of 13th June 2013 meeting: Item 7.7 deleted; under AOB new fence in BHL added. Minutes then agreed and signed.

5.  Matters Arising Ley Hill footpath – Sarah Peterson liasing with Corinne Waldron. Clerk to email contact at UK Power Networks to RS.

6.  Finance: 

6.1  Current/Deposit balances: Current £4735.98 (17 6 13); Deposit £7003.32 (11 3 13). Clerk explained the error made by Lloyds Bank (statement sent to Eclipse Education Services, numerous visits to branch to correct this + getting new signatories amended correctly). Letter from branch manager arriving in due course. In addition, new instruction to Lloyds Bank to change to new name was duly signed by all cheque signatories.

6.2  Payments/Receipts:

Payments:

DD Eon (June)                                                       64.90

SO 11 Dec IT Services (June)                              30.00

Mrs J Hill (April-June)                                            175.00

T A Gillott (April-June)                                           375.00

George Browns (strimmer wire)                            12.08 + VAT

Open Spaces Soc (ann membership)                   45.00

Clerk (plaque for hut opening)                               65.00

J M Phillips (course + ribbon)                                33.92

Hut opening refreshments                                     15.28

Receipts                                                    

Creative Memorials (Mr G Sussum)                     140.00

Dignity Funerals (Mr R Bruton)                             70.00

7.  Official Business:

7.1 New waste recycling service This generated lots of discussion….

7.2 Review of Parish boundary Clerk to email Cllr A Garth

7.3 Bucks/Herts broadband Contract signed with BT. 90% of all premises should receive ‘super fast’ broadband by 2016.

7.4 Chiltern/S Bucks Sustainable Community Strategy (SCS) Noted

7.5 Section 106 agreements Explained in email received from M Buckman. 

8.  Highways/Footpaths

8.1 Latimer Xroads/VAS sign Two emails received by KP yesterday. Left with KP to resolve. LS asked about Bridle path on land owned by Mr King. LS to contact CDC.

9.  Planning

9.1 CH/2013/0810/FA St George’s Hall Noted

9.2 CH/2013/0822/FA 189 Botley Road Noted

9.3 CH/2013/0130/FA 223 Botley Road Appeal dismissed

10.Burial Ground (taken as first item whilst Mrs J Hill present)

10.1 Two cheques £140 from Creative Memorials (ref Mr G Sussum); £70 from Dignity Funerals (ref ashes interment of Mr R Bruton)

10.2 Permit request Received from Creative Memorials, ref headstone for Mr G Sussum. Approved and signed by RS.

10.3 Holiday absence Clerk and Mrs Hill on leave in August at the same time. Mr R Sanders agreed to manage burial ground during this time.

10.4 Burial Ground Sub-Committee meeting Agreed to meet 29 Aug 7pm.

10.5 July 23 Burial to take place at 10.30am (Mr R Piggott). CL agreed to be present (in due course, Mrs Hill was able to be present). Ashes interment (Mr R Bruton) on 3rd August.

10.6 Appeal from Ms Morgan Letter discussed at length. All agreed to request on this occasion.

11.  Reports and correspondence

11.1 LAF 10 July KP unable to be present

11.2 Clerk’s Liaison Meeting 15 July Prominent issue was dog fouling. Clerk has supply of doggy bags (BP & JP took some). Two leaflets to be laminated. Remaining bags for general distribution locally.

12.  AOB

12.1 Latimer noticeboard KP to place orderfor oak single bay 6 X A4 for £909.44 + VAT. Proposed by RS, seconded by BP.

12.2 Speeding Two proposals – a) stickers on wheelie bins (awaiting review of new service); b) temporary posters on roadside posts. Clerk to email Hughenden & Chepping Wycombe PCs.

12.3 Editor Clerk to ask school governors.

12.4 Meeting of Steering Group + Chilterns Commons Project Officer To be held on 26th July at 10.00. JP appealed for further support.

12.5 Joiners Close lamp post Clerk to seek further advice from L & T

12.6 Fencing along BHL RS in communication with D Stowe

13.  Date of next meeting:  Monday 2nd Sept at 7.15pm at Latimer Parish Hall. The meeting closed at 9.40pm.

 

 

 

 

Signed__________________________________Date__________________