Meeting Dates 2017

All meetings to be held at Ley Hill Memorial Hall in the Rear Committee Room (unless specified otherwise)
Start time 7.15pm
Thu 12th January

Thu 2nd March

**DATE CHANGE**
Thur 27th April

Annual Parish Meeting, 19:30, Ley Hill Methodist Chapel

Tue 2nd May
Annual Council Meeting, 18:45

Wed 14th June
19.15 St George’s Church, Tylers Hill

Thu 27th July
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Tue 12th September
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Wed 25th October

Wed 29th November

Minutes – 21/06/10

LATIMER PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting of Latimer Parish Council held on Monday 21st June 2010 at St George’s Church Rooms, Tylers Hill at 7.15pm.

The meeting was preceded by a tour of the Tylers Hill Burial Ground at 6.45pm led by Mrs J Hill

 Present  B Perrott (Vice Chairman)(BP), K Platt (KP), R Sanders (RS), C Lee (CL), L Sunderland (LS), J Phillips (JP), J Hill (JH), R Walter (Clerk)(RW)

Apologies for absence G Sussum (Chairman)

Minutes of the previous meeting Agreed

 Declarations of interest None

Questions from the public None

 Matters arising

  1. Jasons Hill (Tree surgery) Clerk to provide RS and LS with D Stowe’s email address.
  2. LPC Website Clerk to resend burial ground fees to S Kendall for website.
  3. LAF Next meeting is 23 June.
  4. NAG  KP reported that new SLR signs had not been approved by the police yet and that speed checks would commence once this was done.
  5. Latimer Phone Box Residents have repainted the box and gilded the crowns.
  6. Posts outside Shenley Cottage Posts stop verges being churned up. Email from D Silverstone received. GS to speak to D Stowe regarding the best way forward. Greencroft – DS to action. Terra Firma – passed to enforcers. Rowan Tree Farm – owner sadly passed away recently.

 Correspondence

1. BCC

i) 2009-10 Winter Maintenance feedback passed to KP

ii) Parish Council Portal – RW to attend on Sat 26 June at County Hall

iii) Rural Grass Cutting prog has been emailed to all Councillors

  1. CDC  

i) Clerks Liaison Meeting minutes 7/6/10 received. RW plans to attend next on 19 July

ii) Draft Core Strategy – CL/BP/KP have all responded by email

iii) Withdrawal of weekly despatch – all planning applications will be received by email only from 14 June. Clerk automatically forwards these to all Councillors anyhow.

 3. Bucks Assoc of Local Councils (BALC)

i) Details of courses run by BALC and NALC have been forwarded to all

4. General 

i) Appeal from Air Ambulance – KP proposed £200 as last time, seconded by RS. All agreed

ii) Chiltern Railways letter – planned works on HW line

iii) High Speed 2 – passed to JP

iii) Annual Chiltens Awards – LS has someone to nominate

iv) 2009-10 Audit – Internal audit has been completed by Roger Martin. A copy of his letter of 29.5.10 was distributed to all Councillors. Clerk read out the Annual governance statement on page 3 of Annual Return, which all Councillors agreed, and noted. Proposed by RS, seconded by KP. Agreed and signed by BP at end of meeting.

v) Publications: Clerks & Councils Direct May 10; LCR Summer 10; Open Space Summer 10

 

Burial Ground

  1. Clerk read out letter to Mr B Moore from LPC thanking him for his 6 years of service at Tylers Hill. Card was signed by all and £25 worth of garden vouchers will accompany this as a thank you to him (agreed by GS).
  2. Upkeep of burial ground – Clerk to ask T Gillott for a quote for one year
  3. Quote received from T Gillott to cut back tree overhanging Tylers Hill for £80. Proposed by KP, seconded by RS. All agreed.
  4. £36 received from NW & KA Aston (ashes scattering of Mrs I Day on 4/409); £70 received from KA & M Harris (ashes scattering of Mrs D Hancock 6/6/10)
  5. Two deeds for plot purchases for Mr R Pearce and Mr N Lamond were signed.
  6. RW/JH to arrange to meet with N Batt to commence H & S survey repairs and report back to next meeting.
  7. JH to ask Keith Heybourn to test ground near cottages’ fence for plot suitability. Also Dina Taylor for her local knowledge.
  8. JH to map the strip of land at the base of the slope edging the consecrated side for ashes plot.
  9. RW/JH to look into the removal of the Portuguese laurel with possible plan to develop this area into a formal Garden of Remembrance.

 

Planning Matters

  1. CH/2010/0869/FA Blackwell Lodge – no obj
  2. CH/2010/0870/FA Blackwell Lodge – no obj
  3. CH/2010/0730/FA 66 + 66 Blackwell Hall Lane – no obj

 

Payments

  1. D/D Eon: (May 10) 62.66 + 3.13 VAT = £65.79
  2. J Hill – payment of £35 to A Slope for repair of burial register
  3. R Martin – £50 for completing internal audit
  4. Terry Gillott – payments for upkeep of burial ground – 14.5.10     £60.00

27.5.10       £65.00

7.6.10          £65.00

17.6.10      £68.00

  1. Lamps & Tubes Ltd – £1025.48 for annual maintenance June 09-May10 of street lighting and repairs/servicing
  2. Air Ambulance appeal – £200
  3. Clerk – £25 for purchase of garden vouchers for B Moore. Clerk also reported that current a/c stands at £6637.56 (21/5/10) and deposit a/c at £6993.00 (9/4/10)

Receipts

1.    As per Burial Ground (above) + £70 from N Lamond for plot purchase and £48 from Kenwards for Crowley headstone

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Mon 2 August 2010 at Ley Hill Memorial Hall at 7.15pm.

(altered from 9 August due to Clerk’s absence). Apologies received from LS

Any Other Business

  1. Next Ley Hill Litterblitz – 2 October 2010
  2. Clerk to pass details of all street lamps to Eon
  3. Clerk to attain quote for 4 litterpickers for Latimer Village
  4. LS briefed all present on Woodland Meadow – application for an injunction in hand. GS to talk to Mrs Francis for an update for next meeting.
  5. Rural broadband – RS recommended website: www.asksam.com
  6. BP and RW signed annual return for Mazars LLP
  7. Clerk to arrange for JP to added as a cheque signatory

The meeting closed at 9.45pm