Meeting Dates 2017

All meetings to be held at Ley Hill Memorial Hall in the Rear Committee Room (unless specified otherwise)
Start time 7.15pm
Thu 12th January

Thu 2nd March

Thur 27th April

Annual Parish Meeting, 19:30, Ley Hill Methodist Chapel

Tue 2nd May
Annual Council Meeting, 18:45

Wed 14th June
19.15 St George’s Church, Tylers Hill

Thu 27th July
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Tue 12th September
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Wed 25th October

Wed 29th November

Minutes – 22/11/10


 Minutes of a meeting of Latimer Parish Council held on Monday 22nd November 2010 at Ley Hill Memorial Hall at 7.15pm.

 Paul Gosling, Trustee of Chiltern Citizens Advice Bureau, attended at 6.45pm to brief Councillors on the current work undertaken by the Bureau. The Chairman thanked him for his informative presentation.

 Present  K Platt (Chairman)(KP), B Perrott (Vice Chairman)(BP), N Lamond (NL), C Lee (CL), J Phillips (JP), R Sanders (RS), L Sunderland (LS), R Walter (Clerk)(RW).

 Apologies for absence Cll N Brown (NB)

Keith Platt, Chairman, Latimer Parish Council, thanked everyone for their support, and, in particular, thanked Barbara Perrott for stepping in as needed, often at short notice, throughout 2009-10, to ensure LPC continued to function through difficult times.

Minutes of the previous meeting Amend 4 October minutes, under Appointment of new Chairman, to add ‘KP signed Acceptance of Office letter’ and signed.

Declarations of interest NL is President of the Trustees of Ley Hill Memorial Hall.

Questions from the public None.

KP stated that he will undertake a tour of Ley Hill with RS in order to familiarise himself with the locality. It was recommended that NL, as a new Councillor, reads The Good Councillor’s Guide on the website. Also the NALC and BALC websites also contain valuable background information.

Matters outstanding for LPC to address include Standing Orders and Financial Regulations. KP will put forward proposals to next meeting.. He suggested that members of the public have a democratic ½ hour or ¼ hour at the beginning of a meeting, and that Councillors only need to register their interests at Annual Council Meeting, and at subsequent meetings only any changes.Two special meetings should be held each year – the Annual Council Meeting (May) and the Annual Parish Meeting [ when appropriate ]. Correspondence can be omitted, only decisions should be minuted, and decisions cannot be taken under AOB. KP will table a draft agenda 3 days before the next meeting and no meeting should last longer than two hours.

Matters arising

1. Jasons Hill (Tree surgery) Meeting with D Stowe, RS & LS held on site on 14/10/10. Awaiting work to be carried out.

2. LPC Website Clerk to organise meeting with RS and S Kendall.

3. LAF KP enquired about the 30mph speed signs that had been poorly sited on the Common. Clerk reported that emails from LHCC had been forwarded to Pat Francis. Regarding the ongoing black spot of Chenies crossroads, KP will suggest a planned joint attack with Chenies PC, including a possible petition.

4. NAG  Crime rate is 0%. Speed vans will be in Latimer 7/12/10. PC Kevin Flint is the police officer for the whole of the Chesham Rural District, and would appreciate information relating to any scrap metal dumps.

5. Latimer Phone Box Light switch found and will be switched on in winter. May put in painted map of local area.

6. Posts outside Shenley Cottage/Greencroft/Terra Firma/Rowan Tree Farm – all outstanding.


1. BCC

i) Developing libraries for the future – passed to JP

2. CDC  

i) Precept required for 2011-12 by 7/1/11

ii) Emergency contact list received

iii) CHAV – KP to take up

3. Bucks Assoc of Local Councils (BALC)

      Matters Arising Autumn 2010 distributed

4. General 

i) Herts CC Waste Core Strategy and Dacorum DC Draft Core Strategy passed to KP

ii) Society of Local Council Clerks letter passed to KP for perusal.

iii) UK Power Networks – power cut in Ley Hill 23/11/10 (did not occur) and 4/12/10 (did not occur)

iv) Publications: Open Space Aut 10 vol 29 no 9; Chilterns Conservation Board – What’s On Oct10-Apr 11, Chalk & Trees Aut/Winter 10, & Annual Review 2009-10

Burial Ground

1. The sub-committee (JH, RS, CL, RW) will meet on 8/12/10 at 7.30pm

Planning Matters

  1. CH/2010/1151/FA Tall Firs – refused
  2. CH/2010/1539 FAE LHCC – extension of time limit
  3. CH/2010/1744/VRC Birch Tree Grove – no comment
  4. CH/2010/1974/NMA 45 The Ridings – no comment


  1. D/D Eon: (Sep & Oct 10) 62.66 + 3.13 VAT = £65.79
  2. Chiltern Society annual membership £25.00


      None. Lloyds Current A/C stands at £8692.00 and Deposit A/C at £6993.00

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Mon 10 January 2011 at Ley Hill Memorial Hall at 7.15pm

Any Other Business

  1. Census 2011 to take place 27/3/11
  2. JP reported on the hole in Botley Road by the pond. To contact C Schwier and M Barber. Also the pot hole by Latimer Church
  3. RS enquired about the funding for the new road surface to White End Farm. To ask NB
  4. Clerk enquired whether members would like Lamps & Tubes to make a short presentation at 6.45pm at 21 Feb 2011 meeting on streetlamps.  Clerk to organise
  5. Clerk to pass details of all street lamps to Eon
  6. Clerk tabled Mazars LLP audit report

The meeting closed at 9.25pm