Meeting Dates 2017

All meetings to be held at Ley Hill Memorial Hall in the Rear Committee Room (unless specified otherwise)
Start time 7.15pm
Thu 12th January

Thu 2nd March

Thur 27th April

Annual Parish Meeting, 19:30, Ley Hill Methodist Chapel

Tue 2nd May
Annual Council Meeting, 18:45

Wed 14th June
19.15 St George’s Church, Tylers Hill

Thu 27th July
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Tue 12th September
Latimer Parish Hall, Latimer

Wed 25th October

Wed 29th November

Thames Valley Police Launch New Telephone Number

Very Important News for All Thames Valley regarding a New Non-Emergency Number

 The 101 number is being rolled out across England & Wales during 2011 as the new national single non-emergency number. The new 101 number for Thames Valley will go live on 14th November, which replaces the 0845 8 505 505, but both the numbers will run side by side until March 2012.

101 is the new number to call when you want to contact your local police station. This number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

When to call 101:

You should call 101 to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers.

Some examples below:

  • your car has been stolen
  • your property has been damaged
  • your suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
  • to report a minor traffic collision
  • give the police information about a crime in your area
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry
101 is being introduced as part of the governments’ wider work to improve access to the police, ease pressure on 999 and help to efficiently and effectively tackle crime and disorder.

What is the difference between 101 and 999?

You should continue to call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.

What does it cost to call 101?

Calls to 101 (from both landlines and mobiles networks) cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call, or how long you are on the phone.

Who will answer my call?

Police call handlers in the control room of the local police force answer calls to 101. This ensures that staff with local knowledge can answer and deal with the calls and respond appropriately. You will NOT be put through to a large call centre.When you call 101, the system will determine your location and connect you to the police force covering that area. You will hear a recorded message announcing the police force you are being connected to. If you are on a boundary between two or more forces, the recorded message will give you a choice of which force to be contacted to.

I am deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, can I call 101?

Yes, you can textphone 18001 101.

For reporting general nuisance or environmental issues?

You should still call your local council for things like:

  • reporting graffiti
  • dog fouling
  • abandoned vehicles
  • dumping and fly tipping
  • vandalism.

If you are planning to print anything with the 0845 8 505 505 number before 14th November – keep the print run small and remember to include the line “From November 2011 callers will be able to use the new national non-emergency number 101 to call Thames Valley Police.”

If you are planning a large print run, please contact Lisa Bergin, Corporate Communications on 01865 846351 who can provide the new artwork.

If you have any publicity material with the 0845 8 505 505 number on please remember to change to the new non- emergency number 101.

This article is courtesy of the Thames Valley Neighbourhood Watch Association and can also be viewed here: